Houser Joins Benchmark Community Bank
June 5, 2017 - Benchmark Community Bank is pleased to announce that Rick L. Houser has joined its organization as Senior Vice President/North Carolina Market Executive.Responsible for managing the bank’s loan production offices in Henderson and Wake Forest, Houser began his Benchmark career on April 1, 2017.
With over 30 years of banking experience in small, midsize, and large community banking institutions, Houser will facilitate loans, as well as assist Benchmark’s North Carolina lenders with the credit aspect of business loans. Additionally, he will assist management with sourcing and staffing possible additional office locations.
"Rick is an outstanding addition to our North Carolina operation,” Benchmark President Jay Stafford said in making the announcement. "His years of experience and familiarity with the Wake Forest area will galvanize the efforts we have made in Benchmark’s introduction to North Carolina. We have built a strong group of banking professionals in North Carolina and know that Rick’s expertise will provide support and leadership for this growing market."
A graduate of Appalachian State University, Houser brings a wealth of banking experience to his new role having been involved in a variety of supervisory and lending roles, as well as business development, training, and service as a Chief Credit Officer. As North Carolina Market Executive, he will be supporting the bank’s local loan decision making process, as well as supporting the Benchmark’s philosophy of providing exceptional customer service.
"My customer service philosophy is very simple," Houser said. "I treat everyone with dignity and respect by listening carefully to understand banking needs to offer solutions. Over a 30-year banking career, I have learned so much from successful businesspeople, and that allows me to share my experiences to help others. Earning someone’s trust is the best way to build a longstanding relationship. I am pleased to join an organization that shares my same values and to work with associates who are committed to meeting the needs of the communities we serve."
Houser and his wife, Lisa, recently relocated to the Wake Forest area where they resided in the early 2000s. The Housers look forward to becoming involved in the life of the community.
Benchmark Community Bank, founded in 1971, is headquartered in Kenbridge, VA. Along with its twelve banking offices located throughout central Southside Virginia, Benchmark operates loan production offices in Wake Forest and Henderson, NC. The Wake Forest office is located at 12335 Wake Union Church Road, Unit 206, phone (919) 556-5972. The Henderson office is located at 1775 Graham Avenue, Suite 204, phone (252) 436-0051. Since 2007, Benchmark has been named one of the Top 200 Community Banks in the nation by American Banker magazine.
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Owens Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Tyndall Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Swinson and Williams Join Benchmark Community Bank
- Saunders Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 3rd Quarter and Year-to-Date Earnings
- Benchmark Promotes Webb and Robinson-White
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports Increased Second Quarter and Year-to-Date Earnings
- Benchmark Teams with Virginia State Parks for Routes of Rhythm Concert Series
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 Community Banks
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Semi-Annual Dividend
- Stafford Takes the Helm at Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Awards $5,000 in Scholarships
- Houser Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Promotions Prepare for the Future