Benchmark Named to Top 200 Community Banks
June 28, 2017 - Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. is pleased to announce that Benchmark Community Bank has been named to the Top 200 Community Banks in the United States for the 11th consecutive year. Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. is the holding company for Benchmark Community Bank, headquartered in Kenbridge, VA.
The Top 200 Community Banks list is composed annually by American Banker magazine, one of the most highly respected publications in the banking industry. The list is released in mid-Spring following an analysis and comparative ranking measuring organizational performance over a three-year period. Of the over 5,800 independent community banks in the United States, 669 institutions met American Banker’s criteria for consideration. Ranked 78th, Benchmark Community Bank posted assets totaling $576,196,273 as of March 31, 2017, an increase from its posted $568,492 as of December 31, 2016.
"We are honored to be recognized not only as one of the Top 200 community banks in the country, as well as number 3 of the 13 Virginia banks included in the list," said Jay A. Stafford, President/CEO of Benchmark Community Bank. "It is our privilege to serve the people of Southside Virginia, as well as businesses in Wake Forest and Henderson, NC. It’s great to know that our dedication to delivering excellent customer service and sound banking practices has resulted in this recognition. It also provides us with a guide for continued success in the future."
Benchmark Community Bank, founded in 1971, is headquartered in Kenbridge, VA. Along with its twelve full-service branches located throughout central Southside Virginia, Benchmark operates loan production offices in Wake Forest and Henderson, NC. To learn more about Benchmark, please visit www.bcbonline.com or stop by a branch near you.
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Owens Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Tyndall Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Swinson and Williams Join Benchmark Community Bank
- Saunders Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 3rd Quarter and Year-to-Date Earnings
- Benchmark Promotes Webb and Robinson-White
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports Increased Second Quarter and Year-to-Date Earnings
- Benchmark Teams with Virginia State Parks for Routes of Rhythm Concert Series
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 Community Banks
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Semi-Annual Dividend
- Stafford Takes the Helm at Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Awards $5,000 in Scholarships
- Houser Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Promotions Prepare for the Future