Blackwell Promoted to Area Manager for Benchmark
March 21, 2018 - Benchmark Community Bank is pleased to announce the promotion of Holly Blackwell to Vice President/Area Manager - South Hill. A banking industry veteran, Blackwell is based out of the bank’s branch at 905 N. Mecklenburg Avenue in South Hill.
In making the announcement, Benchmark Executive Vice President for Retail Banking LeAnne Emert praised Blackwell’s contributions to Benchmark since joining the organization in August 2016.
"When Holly became a part of the Benchmark team, we were excited to add her expertise in residential lending, bank management, and relationship building to our organization," Emert said. "Benchmark’s bedrock principle is to help the customers and communities we serve by listening to, understanding, and meeting their needs along their financial journey. Holly’s desire to serve the needs of her community and customers reflect this philosophy well. She is a valued member of and contributor to our Benchmark Team."
In her new role, Blackwell will use her skillsets in branch management and administration, as well as her knowledge of the South Hill market to be a resource for VP/Branch Manager Tammy Robinson-White and VP/Regional Manager John Webb in assuring delivery of customer-focused service and solutions to address the community’s needs and opportunities.
As Blackwell’s predecessor, Webb recognizes the professional assets she brings to the Area Manager position.
"Holly’s background included the management of multiple bank branches and the coordination of resources to meet their needs," he said. "As our South Hill market has grown, we needed to put Holly’s extensive banking knowledge and community connections to work on a broader scale. It’s a natural fit for her and a real plus for Benchmark."
A graduate of The Virginia Bankers Association School of Bank Management, Blackwell brings her comprehensive residential and construction lending expertise to her additional role as Benchmark’s Construction Loan Coordinator. The Greensville County native is also a 2000 Business Management graduate of Longwood University with a concentration in Marketing. She is active in the South Hill community where she serves on numerous boards and committees and is a former President of the South Hill Chamber of Commerce.
"The opportunities Benchmark has provided for me to stretch professionally are unique in the banking industry," Blackwell said. "As South Hill’s oldest banking name, Benchmark has deep roots in our community. We are always looking to transform products and services to help our customers however possible. The ability to customize what we offer to better address a customer’s needs is revolutionary in banking. Benchmark’s customer-focused business philosophy and mine are in perfect sync."
Benchmark Community Bank, founded in 1971, is headquartered in Kenbridge, VA. Along with its twelve banking offices located throughout central Southside Virginia, Benchmark operates loan production offices in Wake Forest and Henderson, NC. Since 2007, Benchmark has been named one of the Top 200 Community Banks in the nation by American Banker magazine. To learn more about Benchmark, please visit www.bcbonline.com or your local branch.
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Director of Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Brame Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Barnette, Bender, and Foley Receive Promotions at Benchmark
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 1st Qtr. Earnings
- Blackwell Promoted to Area Manager for Benchmark
- Benchmark $mart$tart Scholarship Application Cycle Open
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Announces Earnings for 2017
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Owens Joins Benchmark Financial Solutions
- Tyndall Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Swinson and Williams Join Benchmark Community Bank
- Saunders Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 3rd Quarter and Year-to-Date Earnings
- Benchmark Promotes Webb and Robinson-White
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports Increased 2nd Qtr. and Year-to-Date Earnings
- Benchmark Teams with Virginia State Parks for Routes of Rhythm Concert Series
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 Community Banks
- Benchmark Declares Semi-Annual Dividend
- Stafford Takes the Helm as Benchmark President/CEO
- Benchmark Awards $5,000 in Scholarships
- Houser Joins Benchmark Community Bank
- Benchmark Promotions Prepare for the Future