Gordon Joins Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors
February 27, 2019 - Benchmark Bankshares, Inc., holding company for Benchmark Community Bank, is pleased to announce the addition of Clarksville native Gregg V. Gordon to its Board of Directors.
A lifelong resident of the Clarksville area, Gordon is President of Aarons Creek Farms, Inc., a family-owned wholesale greenhouse operation located in Buffalo Junction and established in 1964 by his father, the late George W. Gordon, III. Additionally, Gordon is General Manager of Gordon Brothers Farms, LLC, also owned by his family and specializing in crop production.
Gordon has served on the Mecklenburg County Board of Supervisors since 2004 and has held the positions of Chairman of the Budget & Finance Committee, as well as Chairman of the Legislative Committee. He is a member and former Chair of the Southside Planning District Commission and is currently serving on the Board of Directors for the Halifax Regional Health System. He was Vice-Mayor of the Clarksville Town Council from May 1998 until December 2003. He also was a member of the Tenth Circuit Court Judicial Advisory Committee. A 1989 graduate of Virginia Tech where he majored in Horticulture, Gordon is married to the former Anne Strange and has two children, Evie and Patrick. He is a member of Clarksville Baptist Church.
In making the announcement, Benchmark President/CEO Jay Stafford said, “Gregg Gordon is a great addition to our Board of Directors. His small business foundation and civic service give him firsthand experience critical to helping guide Benchmark into the future. Gregg personifies the customer Benchmark was founded to serve. We are delighted he agreed to join our Board of Directors.”
Board Chairman Randy Lail echoed Stafford’s sentiment. “Gregg’s experience in business, civic engagement, and elected office brings to Benchmark a broad-based resume of experiences that is ideally suited with who we are and the direction we want to go.” Gordon is excited about joining the Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors. He envisions his involvement as an opportunity to assist the bank to stay true to its roots. He looks forward to helping the bank continue its contributions to local communities and the exploration of expansion into new markets.
“After my father’s untimely death from cancer, my brother & our family strived to continue to grow and expand our Agribusiness,” he said. “This would not have been possible without cultured bank relationships. Like a lot of other small businesses, Aarons Creek Farms has been successful due to lenders understanding the nuances of our business & investing in its growth.
With the January addition of Gordon, the Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors numbers 12 members representing all areas of the bank’s geographic service footprint. Founded in 1971, Benchmark Community Bank, is a $643 million locally-owned and operated full-service bank headquartered in Kenbridge, VA. Along with its 13 banking offices located throughout central Southside Virginia, Benchmark operates branches in Henderson, Wake Forest and Youngsville, NC. Since 2007, Benchmark has been named one of the Top 200 Community Banks in the nation by American Banker magazine. To learn more about Benchmark, please visit www.bcbonline.com.
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Director of Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend at Year-End
- Benchmark Community Bank Announces Martin-Poore Promotions
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 3rd Quarter Earnings
- Cunningham Joins Benchmark Bankshares Board of Directors
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 2nd Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Benchmark Donates $5,000 to F.A.C.E.S.
- Benchmark Awards $11,000 in Scholarships
- Benchmark Breaks Ground for New Location
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 in U.S.
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 1st Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Announces Jones, Bailey Promotions
- Gordon joins Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors
- Benchmark $mart$tart Scholarship Application Cycle Open
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Announces Earnings for 2018
- Benchmark Community Bank - Community-Driven Banking