Benchmark Community Bank Named to Top 200 in U.S.
May 24, 2019 - Benchmark Community Bank has again been named one of the nation’s Top 200 Community Banks. Eligibility for the Top 200 list is based on a three-year average of the bank’s return on average equity as compared with the approximately 5,500 publicly traded community banks located in the United States. The annual peer analysis is sponsored by American Banker magazine, the recognized leader in financial industry publications.
"We are both honored and humbled to be included among this prestigious group of our peers," said Benchmark President/CEO Jay Stafford of the early May announcement. "Benchmark’s legacy is built on solid financial ground supported by sound banking practices. This is the 13th consecutive year we have been honored with this designation. I believe it speaks highly of the response we receive from the communities we serve and our employees, as well as the legacy and culture of our bank."
Ranked at #78 in the list, Benchmark is third in Virginia behind First National Corporation, Strasburg (#23) and First Bancorp, Lebanon (#39). Its closest North Carolina peers are LifeStore Financial, West Jefferson (#46) and KS Bancorp of Smithfield ranked at #89.
"The role of community banks is to support and invest in the communities we serve," Stafford commented. "Where we differ from many of our financial institution peers is in how we approach our customers by creating products and services that meet them wherever they are at their particular life stage. Through our donations program, we sponsor community events, our employees volunteer for events and civic groups, and Benchmark invests in the small businesses that contribute to a robust quality of life in our 15 communities."
Benchmark Community Bank is the sole subsidiary of Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. which trades under the symbol BMBN on the OTC Pink marketplace. Based in Kenbridge, VA, Benchmark has 16 branches throughout Southside Virginia and northern North Carolina. To learn more about Benchmark Community Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, you are invited to visit the bank’s website at www.bcbonline.com or follow them on Facebook. With you for Life!
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Director of Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 2nd Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Benchmark Donates $5,000 to F.A.C.E.S.
- Benchmark Awards $11,000 in Scholarships
- Benchmark Breaks Ground for New Location
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 in U.S.
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 1st Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Announces Jones, Bailey Promotions
- Gordon joins Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors
- Benchmark $mart$tart Scholarship Application Cycle Open
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Announces Earnings for 2018
- Benchmark Community Bank - Community-Driven Banking