Benchmark Community Bank Breaks Ground for New Location
June 5, 2019 - Benchmark Community Bank has broken ground on its new full-service location during ceremonies held earlier this month. Construction is set to begin immediately for a late Fall opening. The new location at 1750 Graham Avenue marks the culmination of efforts begun in 2016 when Benchmark first entered the Henderson market with a loan production office based on the second floor of its current location at 1775 Graham Avenue.
President/CEO Jay Stafford welcomed the gathering of Henderson and Vance County elected officials and business leaders, including Mayor Eddie Ellington; Tommy Hester of the Henderson-Vance County Economic Development Commission; and Dennis Jarvis, Director of Economic Development for Henderson-Vance County.
"When Benchmark decided to enter the Henderson market, we chose this corridor because we believed this is an up-and-coming business section of Henderson and we wanted to be a part of it," Stafford said. "We have a unique banking model at Benchmark based on building relationships with our customers rather than selling to them. For us, working with our customers is about listening to their situations and helping them find a good solution to suit their needs.
"That builds trust," he continued. "And I’ve seen it work for over 30 years."
Benchmark Community Bank is based in Kenbridge, VA where it opened for business as The Lunenburg County Bank in 1971. Upon expansion to a neighboring county in 1989, the bank changed its name to Benchmark Community Bank. Recently named for the 13th consecutive year as one of American Banker magazine’s Top 200 Community Banks in the U.S., Benchmark is ranked 78th out of over 5,000 community banks nationwide. In addition to its Henderson location, Benchmark has branches in Wake Forest and Youngsville, as well as 13 branches throughout Southside Virginia.
To learn more about Benchmark Community Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, you are invited to visit the current office at 1775 Graham Avenue, Suite 105 weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., or the company website at www.bcbonline.com.
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Director of Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 2nd Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Benchmark Donates $5,000 to F.A.C.E.S.
- Benchmark Awards $11,000 in Scholarships
- Benchmark Breaks Ground for New Location
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 in U.S.
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 1st Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Announces Jones, Bailey Promotions
- Gordon joins Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors
- Benchmark $mart$tart Scholarship Application Cycle Open
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Announces Earnings for 2018
- Benchmark Community Bank - Community-Driven Banking