Benchmark Donates $5,000 to F.A.C.E.S.
June 20, 2019 Farmville, VA – Benchmark Community Bank recently made a $5,000 donation toward walk-in coolers in the new Farmville Area Community Emergency Services (F.A.C.E.S.) building being constructed on Commerce Road. The presentation to F.A.C.E.S. representatives Bill Shear and Bob Chonko was made by LeAnne Emert, Executive Vice President for Retail Banking and Farmville Market Leader Cheryl Gee.
“The work that F.A.C.E.S. does in our community is unprecedented,” said Emert. “They provide a very needed service to assist individuals with nutrition and other items they need day-to-day. From distributing fresh foods and non-perishables to prepared items, F.A.C.E.S. helps families in need lead healthier lives. It is our honor to be a part of helping F.A.C.E.S. in their journey to the next service level.”
"We have been so humbled by the community response to our need for a new facility,” Shear said. “This generous gift from Benchmark will help us greatly toward acquiring the walk-in cooler we need to be able to adequately serve those who so need assistance.”
The new F.A.C.E.S. facility will be located next to the Southside Virginia Family YMCA on Commerce Road. It is scheduled for completion later this year.
Benchmark Community Bank, founded in 1971, is headquartered in Kenbridge, VA, and operates sixteen branches throughout Southside Virginia and northern North Carolina. For the thirteenth consecutive year, American Banker magazine has named Benchmark as one of the Top 200 Community Banks out of over 5,000 community banks in the nation. To learn more about Benchmark, please visit www.bcbonline.com or stop by one of the Farmville branches located at 203 E. 3rd Street or 1577 S. Main Street.
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Director of Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 2nd Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Benchmark Donates $5,000 to F.A.C.E.S.
- Benchmark Awards $11,000 in Scholarships
- Benchmark Breaks Ground for New Location
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 in U.S.
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 1st Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Announces Jones, Bailey Promotions
- Gordon joins Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors
- Benchmark $mart$tart Scholarship Application Cycle Open
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Announces Earnings for 2018
- Benchmark Community Bank - Community-Driven Banking