Benchmark Announces Martin-Poore Promotions to Senior VP
November 20, 2019 - Benchmark Community Bank is pleased to announce the recent promotions of Nicole Martin to Senior Vice President/Operations and Tabitha Poore to Senior Vice President/Controller.
In announcing the promotions, Stafford said, “Nicole and Tabitha are Benchmark success stories who demonstrate every day the caliber professionals leading our Operations. Since 2000, banking has evolved to include increasingly complex systems. These two members of our team have implemented their considerable knowledge, determination, ingenuity, and leadership skills to help us better support our employees and the people we serve. We consider ourselves very fortunate they chose to be part of the Benchmark family.”
Martin joined Benchmark in 2001 as a Loan Assistant in the bank’s flagship branch in Kenbridge. By 2006, she had helped pioneer the Relationship Banker role providing teller support, deposit account opening, and lending. Additionally, she was one of the bank’s first Training Officers. That same year, she was selected as a team leader for the bank’s conversion to a technologically advanced core processing system supporting most of the bank’s daily operations.
A Crewe resident and 2001 graduate of Virginia Tech, Martin is also a graduate of the Virginia Bankers Association (VBA) Bank Management School, as well as the VBA Executive Leadership Institute. Currently, she represents Benchmark on the VBA’s Emerging Leaders Committee."
Poore joined Benchmark in 2005 as a Payroll/Human Resources Specialist. Approaching her 15-year milestone with the bank, Poore has earned both her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Accounting since joining Benchmark. In 2013, she obtained her Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license. She has also taught Accounting at Southside Virginia Community College and recently graduated from the Financial Managers School offered by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate School of Banking."
During her tenure with Benchmark, the Keysville resident has moved into positions of increasing responsibility, including management of the bank’s Operations department for several years. Her promotion to SVP is an expansion of the role she has filled as Vice President/Controller working closely with the bank’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) supervising all accounting functions of the bank."
“Both Tabitha and Nicole have grown in their roles and contributions to Benchmark,” said Executive Vice President/CFO Neil Burke. “They incorporate their considerable knowledge of banking with the people skills needed to effectively lead a diverse group of professionals in their departments. I count myself privileged to have Tabitha and Nicole on our team.”
Benchmark Community Bank, founded in 1971, is headquartered in Kenbridge, VA, and operates sixteen branches throughout Southside Virginia and Northern North Carolina. Since 2007, Benchmark has been named one of the Top 200 Community Banks in the nation by American Banker magazine. To learn more about Benchmark, please visit www.bcbonline.com or call (434) 676-8444.
Contact: Helen Person, VP/Director of Marketing
434-676-2666 ext. 1103
Back to News & Reports
In this Section
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend at Year-End
- Benchmark Community Bank Announces Martin-Poore Promotions
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 3rd Quarter Earnings
- Cunningham Joins Benchmark Bankshares Board of Directors
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 2nd Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Declares Increase to Semi-Annual Dividend
- Benchmark Donates $5,000 to F.A.C.E.S.
- Benchmark Awards $11,000 in Scholarships
- Benchmark Breaks Ground for New Location
- Benchmark Named to Top 200 in U.S.
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Reports 1st Quarter Earnings
- Benchmark Announces Jones, Bailey Promotions
- Gordon joins Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Board of Directors
- Benchmark $mart$tart Scholarship Application Cycle Open
- Benchmark Bankshares, Inc. Announces Earnings for 2018
- Benchmark Community Bank - Community-Driven Banking