$mart$tart Community Commitment Scholarship
When the $mart$tart program was launched in 2011, one of the goals was to offer a scholarship for teens going on to college or to a school where they could learn a valuable trade. In 2015, we made that plan a reality by awarding three $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors in Southside Virginia.
We have since increased the number of scholarships from three to six, and we are pleased to announce our 2018 $mart$tart Community Commitment Scholarship recipients:
• Jackson Bosiger, Halifax County High School
• Kristin Duty, Kenston Forest
• Sarah Edwards, Prince Edward County High School
• Kelsey Holloway, Brunswick Academy
• April Newton, Bluestone High School
• DaJuan Walton, Nottoway High School
We are excited about offering this opportunity. It’s one more way that we can give back to the communities we serve!
*Applicants must be a resident of a Southside Virginia county (Brunswick, Halifax, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Nottoway, or Prince Edward) where Benchmark has a branch OR have a banking relationship with Benchmark Community Bank.